Friday, September 7, 2012

13 Days

August 25th . . .

. . . Tex was loading up the truck.  We were getting ready to go to one of our niece's birthday party.  As I was walking out the door, her dad (Tex's oldest brother) called and told me they were getting ready to take my mother-in-law to the hospital.

I told him we were on our way and we'd see him at the ER.


*~*~*~*~*
The upshot is that she was diagnosed with West Nile virus.

It's been a long stretch - these past 13 days.  There have been ups and there have been downs.

This is *not* the kind of roller coaster I like.  Not one bit.

BUT.  My mother-in-law is a woman of great faith.  She is also loaded with grit, determination and tenacity. 

Good, good, good . . . and good!


*~*~*~*~*
The doctors tell us that this illness does not present itself in just one specific way; the symptoms and complications can vary from patient-to-patient.

I am trusting Our Lord.  This illness did not come as a surprise to Him.
I have faith that He is covering this entire situation . . . her, the family members, the medical team . . . everything and everyone.  He's got it covered.

That's what I know . . . and that's what I'll go with.
Day-by-day and moment-by-moment.

Please keep this precious woman in your prayers.
Thank you so much.

Be blessed,
Sharmie

No comments:

Post a Comment