Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14th - 20th

Earlier this year, I decided that I absolutely needed to take an internet fast.

So, I did.

I took a 7-day fast from the internet.  In that time, I caught up on offline projects, read books, thought some, organized things, thought some more, etc.

It was absolutely fantastic!

So wonderful, in fact, that I decided to adopt this as a monthly event for me.

The past couple of months, however, have been a bit hectic.  In March, our family said, not goodbye, but "See you again" to a very beloved man - my father-in-law.  I miss him; but I know he is out of pain, and that he is also at Peace and enjoying Eternity with Our Lord.  That comforts me greatly.

Tex, just last week, took his last finals test for his Masters classes.  Now, it's on to researching and writing his thesis, so there's a bit of a breather, there.  But, the past few weeks have been a bit intense in the scholastic area; what with all of the studying, research paper, other writing assignments and finally actually taking his finals.  He did awesome, btw!  :)

With everything that was going on these past couple of months, I neglected to take my internet fasts.  Boo. Hiss.  I take full responsibility for this.  If I want to take an internet fast, then it's up to me to make sure I do so.

Right?

Of course, right.


*~*~*~*~*
That being said, this blog post is to let y'all know that I'll be on my internet fast this week, and will absent from the web of world wideness (May 14th - May 20th).

Have awesome weeks, y'all; I hope wonderful things happen in your lives.

(And the irony is not lost on me that today is the first day of my fast; and yet, here I am, on the net.  Hey! It was a busy weekend; what can I say? . . . uhm, maybe, better organizing is needed; I could say that).

Y'all be blessed; see y'all soon,
Sharmie


2 comments:

  1. Well done Sharmie!
    I try to encourage my daughter to also take breaks from the internet for various good reasons, but mostly... it's refreshing to the soul to feel God's amazing sunshine... to laugh with friends and not allow your character to be defined by the web! :)
    All the best!

    Lance Marchetti
    South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Lance!

    Good for you for encouraging your daughter in taking internet breaks!
    And, I definitely agree with your reasonings.

    Be blessed,
    Sharmie

    ReplyDelete