Monday, July 30, 2012

Baby Steps



My little Bruiser Charmer Boy is learning to walk!

These photos were taken last week at his house.  He actually never took a step during the photo-shoot (he's a shy model, doncha know), but I did get to see him take 2 full steps on his own when there wasn't a camera in his face.

Oh my word; he's growing up so fast.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for this.

*~*~*~*~*
Master Bathroom Project - Day 5

Today, when Tex gets home from work, we are going to Lowes to choose our vanity and cabinets.
"Choose our vanity" . . . sounds like some kind of weird counseling assignment for narcissistics.

The actual tiling is going slower than Tex first anticipated . . .  cooking dinner for and hanging out with friends, rental saws not working properly, puppy girls' beauty appointments taking much longer than normal and just living life in the moment as it comes - all have had the unmitigated audacity to interfere with laying ceramic tile on a concrete floor (but I most definitely wouldn't have it any other way).

BUT!  Progress is definitely being made.  It's going to be so pretty!

Tex and I both really like the tile we chose.  We both really liked it at first glance, too.  When we were walking up and down the tile aisles, trying to decide which one to adopt and bring into our home, I wasn't wild about some of the ones he suggested and he wasn't wild about some of my suggestions.  Then, there were a few that we both liked, but in an iffy sort of way.  However, when we saw "our" tile sample, we knew that it was The One.

So very cool how that worked.


*~*~*~*~*
It's going to be another hot day today - temps are expected to reach 106.  And, I still have my triking to do - better get going while it's still reasonably cool.

Y'all have blessed days today; thanks for reading!
Sharmie

No comments:

Post a Comment