Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"It Ain't Your Mama's Yoga!"

Back in April, I was surfing YouTube and found the video, "Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur's Inspirational Transformation!"

I'm sure many of y'all will know the video; it went viral very quickly and continues to reach more and more people.

Good!

"Inspirational" falls very short of accurately describing Arthur Boorman's story.

Here's the link to the video:
"Never Give Up!"

See?!  I told y'all you probably had seen it. 

And, was I right or was I right . . . Beyond inspirational, right?
Of course, right.


*~*~*~*~*
I have watched this video many times in the past 3 months.  Rarely do I not watch it that tears do not seep out.  Arthur's grit and determination - God bless him!

After watching this amazing video the first time, I immediately googled DDP Yoga. 
Google is my friend, doncha know :) 

I went to the site - and knew.  I. Wanted. That. Kit!

But, budget priorities taking  . . . well . . . priority told me that I needed to wait util August before I could order them.   But, I promised myself that I was going to get the kit, and I waited with eager anticipation. 

Not-so-coindicidently . . . probably, more Godincidently . . . I had been researching yoga during the earlier part of the year.  My reason for finding the video was not based on any of my yoga research; it was just a happy result of video surfing out of boredom.  BUT!  The timing was great, nonetheless.


*~*~*~*~*
I ordered the beginner's package yesterday; it should be in my hot little hands either by the end of this week or early next week.  WooHoo!

I'll be letting y'all know what my impression of the workouts are.

But, right now, I've got to tell you . . . so far, I'm pretty dang impressed with Diamond Dallas Page and DDP Yoga.

The site is replete with various links to other parts of the site, designed to help people learn and ask questions.  Diamond Dallas, himself, is beyond cool and his enthusiasm is contagious.  He even created a private YouTube welcome video for all new members.

Also, part of the cost of any of the packages is membership in an online community, complete with forums and personal pages for each member.

This was a pleasant  (and somewhat bothersome) surprise for me.  Why bothersome?  I'm trying to simplify my online activities (which is why last week I created a new account on Facebook and created my first account on Pinterest - ha!  Figure that one out, will ya?). 

But.  I figured I could always register with the DDP Yoga community; and if I thought it was going to be useful, I could utilize it; if not, then no harm / no foul.

Within a couple of hours of signing-up and creating my profile (and that's all I did - I didn't make any posts), I had several email notifications of people over at DDP Yoga posting their welcomes to me; and those welcomes continued to trickle in throughout the evening.

I was pretty impressed with that; the support of the community . . . and such community being people who have purchased their own yoga packages through DDP.  That speaks volumes to me.

I'm pretty excited about this new adventure that I'm entering!


*~*~*~*~*
By the way, does anyone see the amusing irony of me . . . ME . . . learning yoga from a retired WCW world heavyweight professional wrestler?  It sure makes me giggle, for a variety of reasons.


*~*~*~*~*
By the way, again, when you watch the "Never Give Up" video, be sure to click on the link at the end of the video that will take you to the extended version of the video.  Great stuff!


*~*~*~*~*
Y'all be blessed.
Thanks for reading!
~Sharmie, the Yoganator

No comments:

Post a Comment