Our waterbed burst this morning. Just as Tex was getting out of bed, a spot on top of the mattress tore. It was a significant tear and not one that could be repaired. Water immediately came forth and started soaking the sheets (along with the vast majority of all of our towels as we tried to contain the leak to just the surface of the mattress).
Tex is currently looking online to find local waterbed sources, so we can buy a new mattress.
We have just finished draining the mattress and have put up all of the tools and equipment that we've been using these past 4 hours.
There is an absolute multitude of blessings that I am thankful for regarding today's wet adventure. The following are just a few of them.
Get ready; here we go:
(1) The mattress decided to burst this morning, at the end of our sleep; versus last night, at the beginning of our sleep.
(2) The mattress went to its watery grave while we were at home; we didn't have to come home to a big, wet mess.
(3) Tex takes these kinds of things in such stride. He simply does what needs to be done at any given time and then goes on about his life . . . C'est la vie.
Man, I love that man!
(4) Tex was able to call work and tell them that he didn't know when he'd be in to work today (or even if he'd make it to work). He simply told his boss what had happened and that was that; no hoops to jump through or anything.
(5) He has plenty of comp time to use to offset this surprise day off.
(6) The co-worker that usually rides with Tex called this morning, just minutes after the Titanic made its appearance, and told Tex that he (the co-worker) needed to drive himself to work today. This completely solved a potential problem of what to do about that and made it a moot, non-matter.
(7) We now need to buy a new waterbed mattress. Thankfully, we are able to do so at this time. God's Provisions is always a huge praise!
(8) Tex had most of the tools on hand to do this unexpected project. The only thing he needed to buy was a water pump accessory to go on the end of his drill, so that we could drain the waterbed without having to rent or buy a water pump.
There are so many other blessings surrounding our now dearly-departed waterbed mattress, but I'll stop here.
I'd love to hear about your similar experiences - where something not so good was covered in an array of blessings!
Thanks for reading; y'all be blessed,